The MI Library serves as a central hub for science and technology information resources. It focuses on providing vital support for research activities, complementing the academic process to contribute to the wider world of scholarship and transfer of knowledge.
The MI Library’s main online features are:
- Library E-Collection (One Search)
- Opening Hours
- Information About Library Services
- Policy and Procedures
- Online Catalog
- Holds and Renewals Online
- Thesis E-Collection
- To make the Library the intellectual focal point of Masdar Institute, a research-providing center, and a reputable leader among other academic libraries in the region;
- To engage students and faculty in their learning and research environments, and connect them to information;
- To empower students and faculty through our quality collections, innovative services, and people-friendly spaces; and
- To be the first information destination for Masdar Institute’s faculty and students to find the scholarly and research resources they require.
- To support learning and research programs, along with the scholarship needs of Masdar Institute as a research-oriented institute pursuing excellence in tertiary education and a diverse knowledge-based community;
- To advance Masdar Institute’s achievements in the domain of applied science, technology, scholarship, and life-long learning; and
- To be a hub of knowledge creation in partnership with the academic and research communities at national and international levels.
To accomplish this mission, the MI Library strives:
- To build, organize, and provide physical and virtual access to the e-resources and online services that are essential to the learning, teaching, and research activities of the students, faculty, and researchers;
- To support students and faculty with related and relevant information resources to their respective programs and courses;
- To maintain the physical and technological infrastructure, along with the human capital, that necessary to encourage use of the Library collections and services; and
- To equip the students with the real-world information research skills that is necessary for them to become 21st Century knowledge workers.