The Institute Center for Water and Environment (iWater) produces knowledge and technologies that address issues of clean water production and management, climate change and the environment and water resource challenges faced by the UAE and region.
- To become a regionally focused but globally recognized university research center that produces knowledge and technologies that address the clean water production and management, climate change and the environment, and water resource challenges faced by the UAE and the region.
- To provide strategic and operational direction for Masdar Institute's basic and applied water and environmental research in order to achieve research excellence and produce knowledge and technologies that contribute to the establishment of the UAE as a leader in regionally focused water technologies, water resource management, and environmental conservation.
- To serve Masdar Institute's faculty, students, and stakeholders by supporting a collaborative environment for water and environmental research that is aligned with regional needs and economic interests.
Themes & sponsored centers
Research Theme Areas
- Water and environmental technologies, including desalination, water and waste water treatment, water re-use and recycle, and advanced materials for water applications
- Water and environmental resource management and engineering
- Environmental sensing and monitoring
- Climate change and adaptation
Related Sponsored Research Centers
- Research Center for Renewable Energy Mapping and Assessment (ReCREMA, primary iEnergy but linked with iWater)
- Sustainable Bioenergy Research Consortium (SBRC, primary iEnergy but linked with iWater)
- Center of Excellence in Desalination and Water Technologies (DESWAT).