Khalifa University of Science and Technology is home to the UAE’s leading research institutes and centers, where challenges of relevance to the region and world are addressed in a systematic and targeted manner by innovative researchers working together in world-class facilities. These clusters will create the foundation for Khalifa University of Science and Technology to become a global leader in use-inspired research.
Khalifa University of Science and Technology Research Centers have the following characteristics:
- Large‐scale research units established to address strategic university research priorities in the course of a three to 10 year lifecycle
- Theme- or mission-oriented to address medium-term strategic priorities
- May be sponsored by industry and/or government partners to address their priorities for a defined period of time
Khalifa University of Science and Technology Research Institutes have the following characteristics:
- Semi‐permanent research and academic units that have 15 to 20 year life‐cycles and house a critical mass of faculty
- Focused on long-term strategic priorities
- Led by prominent scholars primarily appointed as faculty members
Research Center for Renewable Energy Mapping and Assessment (ReCREMA)
The Research Center for Renewable Energy Mapping and Assessment (ReCREMA) responds to the objective of the UAE to support the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) in its advancement of a publicly-accessible atlas of solar and wind resources.
Aerospace Research and Innovation Center (ARIC)
The ATIC-SRC Center of Excellence for Energy Efficient Electronic Systems (ACE4S) is focused on energy-efficient wireless sensors and aims to make advances in the areas of sensor technologies, power management, energy harvesting, and wireless communications circuits.