The Khalifa University of Science and Technology was established to leverage the research expertise, facilities, and success of its component institutes to achieve operational efficiency and synergy in research of relevance to the UAE.
The University’s world-class faculty and researchers guide its undergraduate and graduate students in interdisciplinary projects that respond to the UAE’s strategic economic goals. The University’s institutes and many research centers feature collaborative projects that involve industry, government and other universities working together in pursuit of scientific and technical advancement in sectors of relevance to the UAE’s high-tech knowledge economy.
- To establish and continually evolve interdisciplinary, collaborative research and development capabilities in the UAE’s priority science and technology domains
- To achieve global research impact through excellence in research of regional importance
- Build – Strong foundations based on integrated research and academics
- Engage – Leading industry, government and academic organizations for partnership
- Perform – Research that produces excellence in science and engineering while being inspired by practical application
- Translate – Discoveries and inventions into innovations that create commercial value
- Outcomes – World-class performance in manpower development, knowledge creation and innovation
Khalifa University of Science and Technology’s research priorities are addressed in two categories – “verticals”, which align directly with specific industry and sector needs, and “horizontals”, which relate to technical platforms and expertise that are utilized across industries and sectors.