Khalifa University of Science and Technology’s research strategy sets out objectives and processes that are aimed at increasing the quantity and quality of research at the University.
- Research excellence is based on the achievements of individual faculty, research staff and students that work collectively to advance the high level directions of the University.
- A key element of University’s success is collaborative research, particularly with industry, government and academic partners.
- The strategy recognizes there are limits to how far the volume and quality of university research can be centrally planned and managed.
- The University provides the facilities, support and incentives that encourage excellence in research outputs and impact.
- The production of knowledge, however, is a bottom-up rather than a top-down process and research excellence is derived from empowering and incentivizing individuals.